Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Group
The vision of the Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Group is to increase the number of women in tech positions to 40% and 20% for minorities over the next decade.
Diversity and inclusion must be part of everything we do. It is not the responsibility of one person but everyone. We need to make sure that we create an environment where everyone feels welcome. We are asking every company to commit to growing our tech workforce to 40% women and 20% minorities by 2025.
- Increase opportunities for all students in PK-12, higher education and underemployed especially in underrepresented communities.
- Explore pilot opportunities to activate talent in untapped worker populations.
- Develop collateral materials for guidance counselors and advisors to use with diverse groups highlighting the benefits of careers in the tech space.
- Develop and deliver and Immigration & Sponsorship 101 course for businesses.
The H1-B Visas process is underutilized in Nebraska. On March 6th, 2020, the late Senator Dave Karnes and Clete Sampson, KutakRock hosted NTC members for an H1-B panel discussion and training. This training provided extensive details for hiring workers through H1-B Visa program. It also highlighted the resources and process available to companies that would like to provide internships or hire international students going to colleges and universities in the state.
- To view the presentation from this session, CLICK HERE.
- If you are interested in exploring this opportunity in more detail, please CONTACT US.
Click Here to visit Jackie Glenn’s website: Jackie Glenn – GlennDiversity